Monday, May 2, 2011

recently

Lately life has been full. Full and busy. I've celebrated a birthday. I've changed jobs. I've gone to Disneyland. I've been cleaning our garage. I've been collecting stuff for a garage sale. I've been working on new stuff for my shop. I've been completely wiped out!

First day of work... ready to go with my box cutter!
Until a couple weeks ago I had been working as a preschool teacher at an in home day care. It was a great job and I loved working with the kiddos. But life sometimes requires a change. This was one of those times. Now I am lucky enough to be working at Trader Joe's. My husband happens to work there as well. Not always, but sometimes we have the same shift and get to go to work, eat lunch and head home together. Love it. My new favorite phrase is "product knowledge". These two seemingly simple words, when paired together have the power to let me eat just about anything. Often different products are opened and sampled in the backroom. Not a bad gig if you can swing it.


Me and Chris waiting for the river rafting ride.

First time at the wheel. Be afraid!
My new job requires me to work on the weekends which is something that I haven't had to do for about 5 or 6 years. It is so strange. What is even weirder is having days off in the middle of the week. I went to Target on a Monday afternoon and realized that there aren't lines all the time... there were just lines anytime I wasn't at work. I worked my first day on the Saturday before Easter and boy was Trader Joe's busy. I think after that everything should be a breeze. Then I had Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off! It was incredible. It just so happened that my mom, step-dad and little brother were planning a trip to Disneyland that Tuesday. Since I had the day off I met them there!
I told him to go stand in the corner. He's a good listener.


This is what happens when you take a picture in the Peter Pan ride.

Peter Pan stars.

When there are teeny ducklings everyone forgets that there are rides to go on.

They added Disney characters to Small World.

So cute.

 And now for a couple of the items that will soon be added to my shop...



This on I actually gave as a gift to a friend who got me into Disneyland for free that day!

Well, I suppose that is enough of an update for right now. Later I will post a short story that I wrote at the age of 10 that I found while cleaning my garage. Get excited!

farewell!


No comments:

Post a Comment