Monday, May 23, 2011

in stitches

Awhile ago I was asked to attempt a beanie inspired by Disney's Lilo and Stitch. They basically wanted a crocheted version of what they already sell at Disneyland. A Stitch looking hat with him chomping down on your head. Since I had already done several hats and headbands with teeth around the brim I felt that I could at least get that part right. And although I had never tried to make something so elaborate, I decided to be brave and go for it.

I realized that it was going to be quite a project so I decided not to rush myself since there was no deadline or promised finish date. I thought that if I had just busted it out really quickly I probably would've been a little burnt out and I would have maybe rushed towards the end just to finally be done.

Instead I tool my time. I did several pieces for it right away and then took a break to make a couple other items. I took it with me to San Jose, when I accompanied my husband to an industrial design conference. I took it with me to several Starbucks. This little hat has certainly gotten around.








It was a lot of work but now that it is done I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I was also careful to write down what I did. It was my first attempt at writing a pattern. I wrote it all out so that I can recreate it if I felt the need. However, I'm pretty sure my notes would make little sense to anybody else.
Now it is finished and up in my shop! Please stop by and take a look at it and all of the other wonderful creations now finished and ready to ship! 

<3

3 comments: